Imagine travelling around the world and getting to meet new people, attend foreign festivals, experience new cultures, and a host of other things. That is something that many of us dream of, but never get to doing it. The truth of the matter is that there is a lot of good in traveling, more than you could ever imagine. That is why in this article, we are going to go through the importance of traveling. Many of us travel for many different reasons, and the ones that we are going to mention in this article are just some of them.
Live and learn
Traveling is a great chance for you to learn and expand your knowledge. You can get to know about other places, cultures, histories and all manner of other things. You could even acquire new skills while on the road, that could help you in the future.
Make memories, make smiles
Memories, and especially good ones, are things that we all adore. When traveling with friends or family, this is a great chance to build those great memories.
Personal growth is very important for every individual, and going on trips can build that. You’ll find that you’re more confident, and you also have better relationships with other people.
Get out of the norm
At times it is good to get out of your comfort zone, and since traveling is all about fun and learning, it is a good chance to do just that. You never know what the unknown holds for you, and your future just might be tied around it.
Modes of transportation
They say that experience is the best teacher, and traveling is a great way to experience different modes of transportation such as, trains, planes, ships, balloons, bikes and many more.
Travel Affiliate Programs: The Ultimate Guide for Bloggers
Still on the topic of travel, I thought that I should talk about travel affiliate programs as seen on the Bengu website. You can make money as a travel affiliate, and most travel programs pay very well for referrals. In this game, it is all about volumes, and smaller blogs targeting certain niches are known to attract higher quality traffic as compared to generic websites. The travel industry is an ever growing one as you’ll note below, and this is great news for affiliates.
- Between 2005 and 2015, the number of international tourists doubled from 585 millionto more than1.19 billion.
- By 2021, the revenue from the travel industry will be expected to have grown to $957, a 10.9% increase.
- There is a shift I consumer behavior such that people are now making their bookings online, as compared to offline. According to ABTA, 76% of holidaymakers book online.
Some of the major players in the industry include:
- Trip Advisor
- Lonely Planet
- Choice Hotels
- Qatar Airways
Travel blogs are making tons of money by acting as affiliates, and below are the three key things to a thriving travel blog:
- Product Promotion – the products that you promote are the face of your blog.
- Market Segmentation – this is where keyword research is a must, and you must go for those that have a high search volume and little or no competition. Avoid common keywords like “hotels in London” because sites like Expedia will beat you to them.
- Audience Targeting – here we are talking about the quality of your traffic. The source of your traffic is paramount to the success of your blog. You want to target people that have the highest spending power. For English language websites, this is typically the UK, US, Canada and Australia.
Promoting Travel Affiliate Programs On Your Blog
You can promote travel affiliate programs on your blog through the following ways:
- Embeddable Interactive Widgets
- Contextual Links
- Building Your List
- Email Marketing
- Banners and Sidebars
Becoming a travel affiliate is a great way to make a lot of money. Make sure that you have fresh content that is relevant to readers, and also make sure that your blog actually targets a certain niche in order to attract quality traffic.